The ATI TEAS test is required for admission to the Associate Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing Certificate programs at Mount Wachusett Community College. All exams are administered by appointment at the Gardner Campus in Testing Services, Room 128C.
This exam is ONLY available at Mount Wachusett Community College for MWCC applicants.
Nursing application deadlines are as follows:
September 1st…….PN Program
November 3rd……Advanced Standing Program
December 1st……..Bridge Program
January 15th………RN Program
Registration is only online at www.atitesting.com.
Create an account on the ATI website, or log in with an existing account.
- Click “Register for TEAS” on the lower right of the ATI homepage.
- Select the Program Type “TEAS for Nursing Students” and search for available dates at MWCC.
- Choose one of the sessions listed and continue to the next steps.
Some sessions may have sold out, and are no longer available.
Registration Fee: $95
- Paid online by credit card during registration.
- It is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Applicants who are late or absent on their test date will have to register and pay the full fee again.
Testing Accommodations: Contact Disability Services and Testing Services before registering with ATI testing. Accommodations for TEAS are only given during morning sessions.
To request reasonable accommodations for testing, please contact Student Services at 978-630-9855 prior to registering for the test.
Retests: Three test attempts are allowed within a 365 day period from the first attempt (not per calendar year). Be sure to allow adequate study time to prepare for the retest. Retesting requires an additional ATI registration and the fee amount is the same per test.
Scores are valid for 3 years from the test date.
Testing Dates and Times
Availability may change. Check atitesting.com for the most up-to-date information. TEAS test is offered on both the Gardner and Devens campuses.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled test time, with photo ID.
Thursday, August 22, 9:00am, Room 125 Devens – Full
Monday, September 9, Devens
Monday, October 7, Devens
Monday, November 4, Devens
Wednesday, December 4, Gardner
Day of the Test
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time.
- Valid photo ID must be presented to test.
- Pencils and scrap paper will be provided and collected when the test is completed.
- Use of materials not provided by Testing Services will end the test immediately.
- Scores are available instantly following the test. The report may be printed in Testing Services.
About the Test
The Test of Essential Academic skills (TEAS) is a four part, web-based, supervised assessment that includes subtests in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English language usage. The TEAS Test was developed by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) to predict the academic readiness of applicants prior to admission into a healthcare program. There are 170 questions in total on the test. It is computer based, with the use of a calculator available. A score report is received immediately after the test is finished.
The total testing time for all four test areas is 3 hours and 29 minutes. The amount of time allotted for each subtest is:
- Reading = 64 minutes/53 questions
- Mathematics = 54 minutes/36 questions
- Science = 63 minutes/53 questions
- English and Language Usage = 28 minutes/28 questions
Scores are valid for 3 years from the test date.
- Use the Sixth Edition Study Manual and practice assessments. It is for sale on the ATI website and available for use in the MWCC Library.
- MWCC strongly recommends that applicants complete program pre-and-co-requisite courses especially English Composition I, Math and a four-credit lab science before taking the TEAS Test to enhance their knowledge base.
- Prep courses for the MATH section are available on both the Devens and Gardner campuses this summer. Details for the August Devens prep course can be found here and details for the August Gardner prep course can be found here.
All the TEAS dates are full at MWCC, what do I do now?
Contact Testing Services to find out if sessions will be added. Although most test sites administer TEAS to their students only, you may search the ATI website for other locations that will allow you test at their site. You may have to wait until the next semester to be admitted to the program.
I took the test somewhere else, how does MWCC get my scores?
Contact ATI to have your scores sent to MWCC Testing Services. Scores will only be accepted from ATI, not the other test site, another school, or the student.
Do I need to retake the whole test again if I already passed some sections?
All sections will be given, but you may click through the sections you already passed. The passing score from your earlier attempt is still valid and will be applied.
Is the fee lower if I already passed some sections?
No, the fee is $95 for all attempts.
Can I use a calculator for the test?
ATI TEAS will allow for the use of a four function calculator, embedded within the exam online. Although a calculator will be permitted, all questions are written to be solvable without the use of a calculator.